- The barbers of the future may offer a trim, shampoo, and graphene infusionA https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/graphene-hair-dye/
- In Search of the Perfect Hair Dye a Your hair is covered in these cuticle scales like the scales of a fish, and people have to use ammonia or organic amines to lift the scales and allow dye molecules to get inside. But lifting the cuticle makes the strands of the hair more brittle, and the damage is only exacerbated by the hydrogen peroxide that is used to trigger the reaction that synthesizes the dye once the pigment molecules are inside the hair.a A https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/science/hair-dye-graphene.html
- Simple Definition:A https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/graphene
- Actual Study:A A Multifunctional Graphene Hair DyeA http://www.cell.com/chem/fulltext/S2451-9294(18)30082-2A The Bigger Picture
Replacing toxic molecular ingredients with graphene-based sheets can lead to safer hair dyes. Multifunctional hair dyes that leverage graphene’s high surface area, flexibility, electrical and thermal conductivity, and antibacterial and barrier properties can be created to render tunable hair color as well as enhanced human comfort, health, and aesthetics. The waste from graphene-coated hair can be recycled and repurposed for the creation of functional materials for other electronic or energy storage devices. Other than fashion and aesthetics, graphene-based hair dyes could also potentially benefit the development of electronics interfacing with the body, as well as livestock farming and the development of humanoid robots.
- Article from 2014 on graphene but good context:A Bend It, Charge It, Dunk It: Graphene, the Material of TomorrowA https://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/bend-it-charge-it-dunk-it-graphene-the-material-of-tomorrow/
- Long Read but super interesting if you have time:A Material Question
Graphene may be the most remarkable substance ever discovered. But whata s it for?A https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/12/22/material-question