Makeup May Enhance Your Lashes…
But Not Your Leadership
When it comes to makeup & leadership, LESS may be MORE
Study out of Scotland: women who wear MORE makeup are LESS likely to be viewed as leaders.
FLIP HERE FOR MORE
About the Study:
- Researchers from Scotland’s Abertay University showed 168 adults computer-altered images of two women wearing varying degrees of makeup from fresh faced to “a social night out.”
- Participants asked to rate the women on their perceived leadership abilities.
Women wearing A LOT of makeup are MORE likely to be viewed as poor leaders
“Makeup does not enhance a woman’s dominance by benefiting how we evaluate her in a leadership role.“
Dr Christopher Watkins
How Much Makeup Do We Actually Wear?
The ave. American woman wears $8.00 worth of makeup & skincare products every day, with women on the east coast averaging the most expensive face ($11.00).
(2017 survey by retailer SkinStore.com)A
SmartHER Reminder: Check out the images study participants saw and you’ll see what is considered “a lot” of makeup. BTW: study not specific to leadership in an office environment but IN GENERAL.
- Makeup study reveals leadership perceptions: https://www.abertay.ac.uk/news/2018/makeup-study-reveals-leadership-perceptions/
- Negative Effects of Makeup Use on Perceptions of Leadership Ability Across Two Ethnicities: journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0301006618763263
- How Much Is Your Face Worth? Our Survey Results Revealed!: www.skinstore.com/blog/skincare/womens-face-worth-survey-2017/
by Jenna Lee,