- MAP: Where Gas Prices are the Highest:
- Get ready for the most expensive driving season in years: https://apnews.com/03a9f9e7781248a39080c9f93950f043
- Best days of the week to buy gas via GasBuddy: https://www.gasbuddy.com/NewsRoom/PressRelease/600
GasBuddy analyzed gas price data from the period of January- March 2018 and found that the first day of the work week offers the lowest average gas price in 21 states, making it the best day to fill-up. Friday is the worst day to buy gas in 19 states, having the most expensive average.
“Though there is variation in daily gas prices across different states, the consensus is that the earlier motorists fill-up during the week, the better,” says Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. “Following Monday, Sunday is the cheapest day to fill-up. Conversely, Thursday follows Friday as the most expensive day to fill-up.”
“Consumers are missing a big opportunity at the pump when it comes to saving time and money,” says DeHaan. “Our data shows that most motorists are filling up on not only the most expensive day, but the busiest. Having a tank of gas last until Sunday or even Monday each week can collectively save drivers $2.6 billion, and spare the headache of not being able to find an available pump.”
- Higher gas prices are eating into Trump tax cut, trimming spending by Americans: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2018/05/10/gas-prices-oil-prices-after-iran-deal-trump-tax-cuts/594719002/
- Exclusive: OPEC’s new price hawk Saudi Arabia seeks oil as high as $100 – sources