THE ROYAL WEDDING
All the Details
- This Saturday, May 19th.
- At 11:20am London time, the royal family & 600 guests will begin to arrive at St. George’s Chapel (where Harry was christened).
- Ceremony begins at 12 pm (7 am ET), followed by a 25 min carriage procession thru Windsor.
- Lunch reception at St. George’s.
- Private evening reception at Frogmore House at 7pm.
- Lemon elderflower cake from pastry chef Claire Ptak of Violet Cakes in London.
- Buttercream icing & fresh flowers.
- Did you know?A Meghan, who interviewed Ms. Ptak for her now-defunct lifestyle blog The Tig, is a fan of the ‘organic & low intervention ingredients.’
- London-based &A self-taught PhilippaA CraddockA will design all of the church flowers.
- Likely flowers include white garden roses, foxgloves, & Markle’s favorite – peonies.
- Did you know?A Dating back to 1840, royal wedding bouquets include myrtle a symbol of love & hope.
- No confirmation on the designer.
- The Daily Mail reports it will be Ralph & Russo, who created Markle’s black engagement gown.
- Did you know? The husband & wife Australian designers are known for their extravagant couture designs. ButA it’s custom for the Queen to approve.
- Other possible designers? Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen.
WILL HE OR WON’T HE?
On Thursday, Markle issued the following statement: “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.”
After much anticipation, the palace announced Prince Charles will walk Markle down the aisle.
The Royal Family will take care of Meghan and Harry’s wedding bill. For comparison, Kate Middleton and Prince William’s 2011 wedding cost an estimated $34M, with $32M going to security alone. Oh, and what about the honeymoon? Click for that scoop.
- Update from Prince Harry’s Communications team (Photo credits: @KensingtonRoyal)
- Why Prince Harry & Megan Markle Plan to Delay Their Honeymoon:
If that wasn’t enough, Kensington Palace is also confirming that Harry and Meghan will not be going on their honeymoon, which will reportedly be at a luxury tented camp in Namibia, as quickly as most couple’s head off. Traditionally, newlyweds honeymoon almost immediately after a fabulous send-off after their wedding’s evening reception, but Harry and Meghan have their first official engagement as a married couple just days after their nuptials.
by Jenna Lee,