June 8, 2018
"I don’t think I have to prepare very much. It’s about attitude. It’s about willingness to get things done."
President Trump ahead of next Tuesday's meeting with Kim Jong Un in Singapore. He also said it was not a one-meeting deal suggesting he would be willing to stay for continued talks, and enticing Kim with normalized U.S. relations, economic investment & even a White House visit.
“We won the Stanley Cup. That’s all that matters. We won it. It doesn’t matter how we played or what happened before.”
Washington Capitals' captain Alex Ovechkin on having to wait 13 years for a Stanley Cup. His team defeated the Las Vegas Golden Knights 4-3 in the city of Washington's first major sports championship since 1992.
"I don’t believe Mrs. Trump has ever discussed her thoughts on anything with Mr. Giuliani."
Melania Trump's Communications Director, Stephanie Grisham, responding to Rudy Giuliani's remarks that the First Lady believes her husband's denials regarding his alleged affair with Stormy Daniels.
“This should serve as a very good deterrent not only for them but for other potential bad actors.”
Commerce Sec. Wilbur Ross to CNBC on a deal with Chinese telecom giant ZTE to end crippling U.S. sanctions. In exchange, ZTE will pay the U.S. a $1B fine & change its board of directors & exec team within 30 days. U.S. alleges ZTE violated trade agreements by working with Iran and N. Korea & then misled U.S. regulators about it.
“I never gave up hope. Now I can’t tell you that everyday was a good day, but there was not a day that I could tell you that I was hopeless.”
Alice Marie Johnson to CNN on life before President Trump commuted her life sentence. Johnson, a first-time nonviolent drug offender, served 21 years of her sentence before she was released from prison on Wednesday.
- Trump says Kim summit all about attitude, not preparation:
- Caps claim first Cup title with Game 5 comeback: https://www.reuters.com/article/icehockey-nhl-vgk-wsh-recap/caps-claim-first-cup-title-with-game-5-comeback-idUSMTZEE68ZIRGOI
- First lady’s office pushes back against Giuliani on Stormy Daniels comment: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ladys-office-pushes-back-giuliani-stormy-daniels-comment/story?id=55731627
- US hits China’s ZTE with $1 billion penalty in deal to end crippling sanctions, Commerce Secretary Ross says:
- Freed inmate: I never gave up hope: https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/06/07/alice-johnson-never-gave-up-hope-nr-sot.cnn/video/playlists/donald-trumps-pardons-and-commutations/
by Jenna Lee,