- Do you really know what your kid’s doing on that device?:
- Fascinating Read: Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- SURVEY Kids & Tech: The Evolution of Todaya s Digital Natives:
- PBS Kids: What’s the Right Age for a Cell Phone?
Questions to ask:
- Do your children “need” to be in touch for safety reasons–or social ones?
- Can they get behind the concept of limits for minutes talked and apps downloaded?
- Can they be trusted not to text during class, disturb others with their conversations, and to use the text, photo, and video functions responsibly (and not to embarrass or harass others)?
- Billionaire tech mogul Bill Gates reveals he banned his children from mobile phones until they turned 14:
Bill Gates is the legendary founder of the worlda s largest software firm, Microsoft a a company that made him the richest man in the world.
But even one of humanitya s greatest technological innovators still banned his kids from having mobiles until they were 14, forbids them at the dinner table and limits his youngesta s screen time before she goes to bed.
Father to Jennifer, 20, Rory, 17, and Phoebe, 14, he admits: a We often set a time after which there is no screen time and in their case that helps them get to sleep at a reasonable hour.