- At Least 54 Migrant Children Under 5 to Be Reunited With Parents, Justice Dept. Says:
A lawyer for the Justice Department told the court Friday that 19 parents of children who are under the age of 5 have been deported. In the case of 19 others, the parents have been released and their whereabouts is unknown, she said. She indicated that the government needed more time to reunify all the families.
- Federal Judge Rules that Trump Administration Cannot Hold Migrant Families in Long-Term Detention:
- ACLU says US will miss deadline to reunite migrant families:
- More South Texas land owners getting letters on border wall:
- GO DEEPER: Budget Deal Saves Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge From Border Wall (FROM MARCH 2018):
Border Patrol agents have called Starr County the most “volatile” stretch of border. There, flooding concerns and local opposition have stymied previous plans to build a border barrier. The county’s largest cities sit in flood plains and local officials worry that border fencing could trap floodwaters in places like Roma after heavy rains. It’s not clear where in Starr County the border wall would go, but Border Patrol leaders have told the Statesman that the 500 or so agents who patrol the county are woefully understaffed.