"Once again, we are the economic envy of the entire world.”
President Trump describing Friday's economic data that showed gross domestic product (GDP) increased 4.1% in second quarter. Strong consumer & business spending and a surge in exports ahead of tariffs helped drive America's best quarter of growth in nearly 4 years. The first of 3 readings, this number may be further revised.
“The whole city is in flames, and the stuff is falling out of the sky. I want to call it aSilent Night,’ but that’s not it. This is spooky.”
Christine Shields on a raging wildfire near Redding, California and how the scene reminded her of a horror or science fiction film. Her mother died in the blaze. More than a dozen wildfires are burning in California, prompting the President to sign an emergency declaration for federal help.
“The Hollywood Walk of Fame is an institution celebrating the positive contributions of the inductees…. Our democracy is based on respect for the law. People can make a difference by voting and not destroying public property.”
Leron Gubler, President/CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, on the chamber’s decision to repair (not remove) the star honoring Donald Trump despite it being repeatedly vandalized and a site of violent protest.
“My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so think I have about at least five more years.”
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg (85) on her hopes to remain on the court for years to come. In 1993, Ginsburg was appointed to the court by President Clinton.
“Our mission is to bring happiness.”
John Cronin who partnered with his father to create John's Crazy Socks. The 22-year-old with Down Syndrome has a passion for socks & calls President George H.W. Bush a customer. The father-son pair have grown the year-and-a-half old sock business into a $4M empire.
Want us to look into a news story or two? Leave a comment on our Instagram account or email us: Info@SmartHERNews.com. It’s made-to-order news-you-can-use!
- Trump triumphant: ‘We’re going to go a lot higher’ than 4.1% GDP growth:
- Woman and 2 of Her Great-Grandchildren Die in Carr Fire, Family Says:
- Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Comments on Vandalism to Trump Star: https://www.hollywoodchamber.net/hollywood-chamber-of-commerce-comments-on-vandalism-to-trump-star/
- Ginsburg suggests she has at least five more years on the Supreme Court: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/29/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-scalia-new-york/index.html
- Down syndrome doesn’t hold back $4 million sock company co-founder:
- President George HW Bush is a fan:
- Check out John’s Crazy Socks:
by Jenna Lee,