U.S. PIZZA MUSEUM OPENS TODAY
It’s the latest chapter in the historic pizza feud: NYC (thin crust) vs. Chicago (deep-dish).
you want a pizza dis?
U.S. Pizza Museum
- Founded by a pizza lover & aficionado in 2015 in the form of pop-up locations nationwide.
- Current location in Chicago’s South Loop, open until October.
- Visitors learn the history of pizza & may buy pizza-themed products – but NO pizza.
- Admission free.
The Power of Pizza
U.S. is home toA 75K+ pizzerias.A
U.S. pizza market is valued at $45B – about one-third of worldwide market.
1 in 8 Americans eat pizza on any given day.
Pizza Hut is the #1 selling pizza chain in the U.S.
NYC v. CHICAGO:
The Final Verdict
In 2011, the late Supreme Court JusticeA Antonin Scalia weighed in:
“I do indeed like so-called ‘deep dish pizza…. But it should not be called pizza. It should be called a tomato pie. Real pizza is Neapolitan. It is thin. It is chewy and crispy, OK?A ”
Not to be outdone, a “Museum of Pizza” will open in NYC in October. It promises to be the “world’s first and only immersive art experience celebrating pizza.” Tickets are $35 & include a free slice.
- About the U.S. Pizza Museum:
- The U.S. Pizza Museum to Open in Chicago This Fall:
- Consumption of Pizza: https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/80400530/pdf/dbrief/11consumptionofpizza0710.pdf
- 2018 Pizza Power Report: A State-of-the-Industry Analysis:
- Justice Scalia Says Chicago Pie isn’t ‘Real Pizza’:
by Jenna Lee,