- SOMETHING TO CONSIDER: Deputy Dir of the CIA, Mike Morrell, says the argument officials use classified information to criticize the administration doesn’t work because…”Senators and Congressman have security clearances. Senators and Congressman know classified information. And they talk to the media all the time too.” Listen to more here:
- Who has security clearance? More than 4.3M people:
- Security clearances: How do they work?
- WHITE HOUSE PRESS BRIEFING:
Q Hey, Sarah. Following up Jon’s question, how is this announcement by the President — how can Americans not interpret that as a “getting back against his critics”? And isn’t it also an attempt to curtail their freedom of speech by penalizing them for being critical on television?
MS. SANDERS: Not at all. The President has a constitutional responsibility to protect classified information, and who has access to it. And that’s what he’s doing is fulfilling that responsibility in this action.
Names still be reviewed: James Clapper, James Comey, Michael Hayden, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr.
- WATCHDOG REPORT: Government-wide Personnel Security Clearance Process: