- Amazon HQ2 decision: Amazon splits prize between Crystal City and New York:
- Amazon HQ favorites: Similar basics but different vibes:
- Amazon considers New York, Virginia Amid Reports of HQ split:
- Press release: Amazon Selects New York City and Northern Virginia for New Headquarters
- Amazon’s HQ2 proposal:
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie= UTF8&node=17044620011&tag= insider-safetynet-20
- Amazon ‘HQ2’ will boost house prices in chosen cities, but not like in Seattle:
But the impact on housing prices might be less severe in the New York and Washington, D.C., areas than it would have been elsewhere. One study from real-estate website Apartment List predicted that rents would increase by less than 0.5% in those two cities were they to win the bidding war for Amazon HQ2. And that was before it was first reported the prize was to be split in half.
It’s all relative, of course. Home values in New York City have already soared 42.5% over the past five years, while prices in Arlington County, Va., have risen 15.5%. Home values in Seattle increased 73% over that time span.
- Amazon’s treasure trove of data: