The lowest employment rate since 1969
- 3.5% matches the lowest employment rate in America since 1969
- The U.S. economy added 266,000 jobs in November – higher than expectations.
- Wages also increased – a positive sign for the job market.
- The biggest job gains last month by sector: healthcare.
- Why It Matters: This jobs report further confirms a strong job market in America while economist worry about a slowdown globally.
The report: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
A good read:
U.S. Jobs Trounce Forecasts With 266,000 Gain; Wages Heat Up