“We have no time. The prognosis is not good.”
Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis where COVID-19 just hit another record high as Europe sees infection rates rise.
- The rise in COVID cases is widespread in Europe.
- The response includes restaurant & school closures, in the Czech Republic & Netherlands and Northern Ireland respectively.
- France has ordered a 9 p.m. curfew; Germany will close bars early.
- Mask mandates in Portugal & Poland, tightening of mask enforcement in Germany.
- The impact of these actions has bubbled up in the stock market on the uncertainty of what lies ahead and economic damage.
- Why This Matters: After a “calm” after the storm of early COVID cases in the spring, the return of higher infection rates in once hotspots like Italy also raises concern again about hospital capacity and deaths.
Here’s a good overview of how widespread the concern is from the AP: READ HERE