“Now Congress has certified the results a new administration will be inaugurated January 20th, my focus now turns to ensuring a smooth orderly and seamless transition of power. “
President Trump in a recorded national address January 7th, 2021 with his most specific comment to-date about the end of his term.
- At 6:30 pm cst. Pres. Trump released this statement.
- In addition to addressing the riot at the U.S. Capitol, he added this notable update.
- The President has not officially conceded to President-elect Joe Biden; although breaking with tradition, he is not required to do so by the U.S. Constitution.
- This is his most specific comments to-date about the transition of power as he also foreshadows future goals.
Facebook (owner of Instagram) has banned President Trump “indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”
- Inauguration Day, when a new presidential term begins, is January 20th at noon est.
- There’s multiple storylines to discuss here but for now, we wanted you to see the statement in full.