“You don’t need to be Irish, & it doesn’t matter your college team allegiances. Heck, maybe you’re just a fan of the movie Rudy. A Notre Dame football weekend is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
Key to Success: Start Early
“Buy game tickets, hotel rooms & flights as soon as possible. The closer to football season the harder to find & more expensive things get.”
CLICK: Game Day Events
“A tradition since 1931, every Notre Dame football team has marched down the same tunnel and on to the same field for every home football game. On football weekend Fridays, you can too!”
Keep Your Camera Handy
It’s worth heading to the bookstore for any last minute Irish gear because there’s no doubt you’ll run into a former coach or player or famous fan and get an autograph.
“The world’s largest predatory fish doesn’t show up on cue. If I have one piece of advice? Pack some patience and TAKE MOTION SICKNESS MEDICATION.”
“Experience and passion over the fancy boats makes all the difference.”
“I still don’t love swimming in open water (and I am not sure I ever will), but this adventure instilled in me a truly unique respect for the beauty, grace and power of Great Whites. And if nothing else, it made me realize how little they are interested in us!”
“I thought no exotic destination could ever match our Honeymoon in Bora Bora…. until we arrived on the Amalfi Coast, and Positano literally took my breath away.”
“My husband can drive anywhere, on the wrong side of the road, in the middle of Paris – but he was very glad that we hired a driver from Naples.”
“After climbing up and down steps all day, there is no guilt in the evening as you enjoy the best homemade pasta and fresh fish you have ever eaten!”
In Nearby Capri
“…hike up to Mount Tiberius, at the very top of the island – you are literally on top of the world! This is where the Emperor Tiberius used to toss people he didn’t like off the cliff into the sea, so it’s much more enjoyable to visit Capri today.”
We asked Kit how she looked so glamorous while traveling - Her response? "When in Italy all you need is to wear white and sunglasses and a man in a fedora doesn't hurt." Love it! Have a SmartHER Tip? Email us: Info@SmartHERNews.com
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie gives us her take on how to “survive” the happiest place on the planet.
“I am firmly convinced that Disney World pumps Oxytocin into the air. While you’re there, there are moments you swear ‘We ARE NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN!’ And then on your way home, you say ‘We should probably start planning our next trip…’”
The Key To Happiness
“…we confuse thirst with hunger, which leads everyone to overeat (and what’s always in reach at Disney? CANDY and sugary drinks = meltdowns later).”
Click: FastPass Info
“…sometimes getting in lines for a Disney ride will feel only marginally less pleasant than standing in line for TSA and probably closer to the DMV…That said, hearing your child squeal with laughter…makes it all worthwhile.”
“…the only people who say ‘My family is going to eat healthy at Disney’ have clearly never been to Disney.”
“Donuts are absolutely required. Doctor’s orders.”
“Stop by Joffrey’s for donuts some mornings. Just do it. You have to ask where the stand is in each different park, but after you’re handed a warm donut the size of your head, you will thank me.”
Take a trip recently? Have tips to share? We'd love to hear them and feature you on SmartHERNews.com & across our social media platforms. Email us info@smartHERnews.com - with subject line: Travel Tips! We can't wait to hear them!
Girl “Injured” By “Support Dog” On Flight
- On Feb 21, an incident took place involving a young girl (6-7 yrs old) while boarding plane.
- Southwest says dog “scraped” girl’s forehead with teeth (AP).
- Dog reportedly “support” pet of another passenger.
Consider The Context
- In late January, a United Airlines passenger made national headlines when she tried to bring a peacock named Dexter on a flight as a “support” pet.
- United denied the peacock a seat and a debate about “appropriate” support animals ensued.
Why This Is Important
“United had been reviewing its policy since late last year after a 75% increase in emotional-support animals on flights and “a significant increase in onboard incidents.”
Why Is This Happening?
- Support pets, like service animals, fly free.
- Support pets do not receive the same rigorous training as a “service” pet, which can lead to more “incidents.”
- No hard firm rules about acceptable “comfort” animals on flights.
Airlines: Reviewing Rules
- Stricter regulations on “comfort” animals resisted by some who say increased documentation unfair to the truly disabled.
- Current rules purposefully very broad; spiders are clearly NOT considered comfort pets, but did you know miniature horses are included in The Americans with Disabilities Act as “service pets”?