August 4, 2022
She has returned home to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.A statement from the office of Congresswoman Walorski (R-Indiana) on her sudden death, along with the deaths of two young staffers.
- Congresswoman Walorski and two of her staff members — Zachery Potts, 27, and Emma Thomson, 28 — were killed Wednesday in a car crash in her home district; their driver was also killed. Potts was Walorski’s district director; Thomson served as her communications director.
- Police say another driver crossed the center divider, initiating a head-on collision. The other driver also did not survive.
- Walorski had served in Congress since 2013.
- Speaker Pelosi and Pres. Biden both ordered the flags flown at half-staff, at the Capitol and White House respectively, in honor of the congresswoman. The Indiana governor issued a similar order for the state.
- Of Note: Congresswoman Walorski was co-chair of the bipartisan “House Hunger Caucus” that works to solve the issue of hunger in America.
by Jenna Lee,