…Thanksgiving will be the wind that will whip this fire up into an absolute human disaster for our country.
- Here’s Dr. Ranney’s full quote: “We are set up for just a perfect storm — a conflagration,” said Megan Ranney, an emergency medicine professor at Brown University. “Right now, you can talk about there being lots of little burning fires across the country. And then Thanksgiving will be the wind that will whip this fire up into an absolute human disaster for our country.”
- COVID-19 infections continue to rise nationwide – with the largest number of new cases reported in one day thus far: 80,000+.
- Data suggests not only a rise in infections, but a rise in deaths as well.
- Deaths follow infections and hospitalizations cases anywhere from 3-6 weeks, giving health officials even more concern about what the holiday season looks like in America.
- Europe recently has experienced a widespread rise in infections, leading to more curfews and even lockdowns.
Why It Matters: Some have predicted that the “second wave” of the COVID pandemic could be more deadly than the first as was seen in the pandemic of 1918.
The news is changing quickly – here’s one solid read about where the U.S. stands heading into the week of Halloween: READ HERE
by Jenna Lee,