November 6, 2020
We are literally looking at a margin of less than a large high school.
- “The stakes are high…We are willing to do anything and everything to maintain trust in our election process for every Georgia regardless of partisan preference.” Georgia Sec. of State Brad Raffensperger announced a recount of votes for the presidential election in Georgia.
- Raffensperger – a republican – says election monitors will be able to observe the count.
- One of Georgia’s senatorial races will also head towards a recount – the second race was teetering on the edge, with the Republican candidate with an advantage.
- Pres. Trump was leading in Georgia initially but over the last several days former Vice President Joe Biden slowly gained ground, overtaking the President by roughly 1,000 votes Friday morning.
- Why It Matters: The results of Georgia’s race, along with other close margins in swing states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, may tilt the election in one way or another.
Read More HERE
by Jenna Lee,