August 18, 2021
Right now I have no symptoms such as fever or aches and pains.Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas, who shared he tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Gov. Abbott says he tests himself everyday and this is the first time he tested positive.
- He also shared he had received the COVID-19 vaccine and that his wife had NOT tested positive.
- Abbott has come under criticism for issuing an executive order banning mandatory mask-wearing in schools.
- Interesting to Note: “The governor, who is otherwise healthy, was left paralyzed below the waist after an oak tree fell on him while he was jogging in 1984, leaving him in a wheelchair. His age, 63, places him in a higher risk category for suffering from a severe case if he contracts the virus.”
- Why It Matters: Texas is one of the leading states in the nation for positive COVID-19 cases. Abbott recently requested additional medical personnel and is trying to mobilize a monoclonal antibody treatment (in fact, one he is receiving) into communities.
Pulmonologist/ICU Dr. Jamie Rutland *just* discussed why he believes monoclonal antibodies matter: LISTEN HERE
by Jenna Lee,