March 28, 2022
Such senseless acts of violence and murder have no place in society.United States Sec. of State Antony Blinken on a reportedly ISIS-inspired terrorist attack in Israel; Blinken was in Israel at the time for a regional summit on security.
- The summit included representatives from the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Morocco, Egypt, Israel and the United States. Meanwhile, the U.S. continues working towards a nuclear deal with Iran.
- Two people (reportedly police officers) died in the attack after two gunmen opened fire; several others were injured.
- The two gunmen were killed by Israeli law enforcement.
- Days earlier, a man previously connected to ISIS stabbed multiple people, killing 4, before he was also killed.
- Why It Matters: Two alleged terrorist attacks in such a brief period is a notable increase in frequency. Israel Prime Minister Naftali Bennett announced new security measures, including active/reserve IDF soldiers carrying weapons “on a regular basis.”
by Jenna Lee,