September 1, 2020
We straight-up need a break.
- President Trump will be visiting Kenosha midday.
- The President will tour the areas most effected during “affected by recent riots” (from White House agenda) – he will also visit an Emergency Operations Center.
- Wisconsin’s democrat governor has asked Pres. Trump not to visit, arguing it will add tension and strife.
- The President says he wants to show support for law enforcement.
- Kenosha, Wisconsin is the site of the a police shooting of Jacob Blake ~ here’s the latest on that developing story.
- Wisconsin is also a key swing state in 2020. Swing state = the state may vote democrat or republican.
- Former VP Biden spoke on Monday in Pennsylvania, another swing state, condemning violence but also criticizing Pres. Trump: “Does anyone believe there will be less violence in America if Donald Trump is reelected?…Rioting is not protesting. Looting is not protesting. Setting fires is not protesting. None of this is protesting, it’s lawlessness, plain and simple. And those who do it should be prosecuted. Violence will not bring change. It will only bring destruction. It’s wrong in every way.”
- Why It Matters: As violence and destruction rises in cities impacted by recent face-offs with law enforcement, the question surfaces: What brings peace and safety back to American streets? This has emerged as a central question for the election of 2020.
by Jenna Lee,