Apple Rose Recipe
A beautiful little recipe for a bouquet of edible flowers.
Happy Mother’s Day!
1 medium lemon
2 red apples
1 tsp. of cinnamon
1 tsp. of nutmeg
2 Tbsp of brown sugar
2 Tbsp of white granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Add water and lemon juice to a large bowl.
3. Thinly slice the apples with a knife. Place apple slices in the bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. This will soften the apple slices. Drain the water.
4. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the bowl of sliced apples and ensure slices are evenly coated.
5. Unfold puff pastry sheet and prepare dough by spreading it out with a rolling pin.
6. Use a knife to cut the puff pastry into 2-inch wide strips.
7. Melt your jam in a small bowl and baste the melted jam onto the strips of your puff pastry. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar before placing the apple slices. Make sure apple slices are overlapping each other at the top edge of the puff pastry strip. Then, fold the bottom half up over the apple slices.
8. Tightly roll the apples and dough from one side to the other to create a beautiful rose.
9. Place the pastries in a muffin pan and don’t forget to use kitchen spray! Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
10. After they are done baking, allow them to cool 2-5 minutes in the muffin pan before placing on a cooling rack. Dust your creation with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 40
Servings: 6 Roses
credit: Delfina Morales inspired by https://www.inthekitchenwithmatt.com/apple-roses-pastry
by Jenna Lee,