February 28, 2022
This is a war of choice … and all the casualties are on his hands — all the blood is on Mr. Putin’s hands.Pentagon press secretary John Kirby during a press briefing on Russia’s latest movements in Ukraine.
- Pres. Biden approved an additional $350 million in military aid to Ukraine over the weekend.
- The Pentagon says American ammunition and other defense equipment will be sent to Ukraine.
- The Pentagon provided no additional details concerning the nuclear posture of Russia, calling Pres. Putin’s announcement of putting his military’s deterrence forces on high alert “unnecessary” and “escalatory.”
- The Pentagon says they do not see new threats to NATO nations.
- Why It Matters: The Pentagon, while complimentary of Ukraine’s resistance of the Russian military, underscored that Russia still aims to take Kyiv.
by Jenna Lee,