It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate – FAKE NEWS. Perhaps they are referring to another candidate from another Party!
- Background: In November 2019, questions arose when the President had an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. At the time, the White House responded by saying that the purpose of the Pres. Trump’s visit was to get a head start on his 2020 annual physical exam due to an anticipated busy 2020 campaign schedule. Both the 2018 and 2019 annual physical exams were noted on the President’s public schedule.
- Today: Pres. Trump took to Twitter in response to a passage in a forthcoming book by New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt called “Donald Trump v. the United States: Inside the Struggle To Stop A President.”
- In it Schmidt writes: “In reporting for this book, I learned that in the hours leading up to Trump’s trip to the hospital, word went out in the West Wing for the vice president to be on standby to take over the powers of the presidency temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anesthetized… Pence never assumed the powers of the presidency, and the reason for Trump’s trip to the doctor remains a mystery.”
- When asked about the report, Vice President Mike Pence said “I don’t recall being told to be on standby. I was informed the President had a doctor’s appointment… The American people can be confident that this president is in remarkable good health, and every single day I see that energy and high relief.”
- Big Picture: Expect to hear A LOT about the health of both 2020 presidential candidates due to their ages. Pres. Trump (74) is oldest first-term president. Former Vice President Joe Biden is 77. Regardless of who wins, both men would be oldest to assume the presidency.
by Jenna Lee,