Princess Kate Announces Cancer Diagnosis

March 22, 2024
Image

The surgery was successful, however tests after the operation found cancer had been present.

Catherine, the Princess of Wales, in a video announcement shared on social media on Friday. Kate, 42, said she is doing “well” and she looks forward to returning to work when she is able, though is now focusing on “making a full recovery.”

Why It Matters: Kate’s video marks the first update the royal family has provided on the princess’ health since her January abdominal surgery, which at the time officials said was not cancer-related. Kate explained that at the advice of her medical team, she is in the “early stages” of undergoing “a course of preventative chemotherapy …” Kate hadn’t been seen in public since Christmas, however, was reportedly seen in footage at a farm shop over the weekend following speculation regarding her absence from the public eye. This news comes as King Charles III is undergoing treatment for an unspecified form of cancer, announced in February.

At the conclusion of the video, Kate said, “At this time, I’m also thinking of all those who lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.”

Read More: Kate, Princess of Wales, says she has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy (The Associated Press)

by Leah Grainery, based in Texas

ImageImageImageImage