September 8, 2022
“Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.”Buckingham Palace on Queen Elizabeth’s health.
- The statement continued: “The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.” It is typical that official palace sources remain unnamed.
- Balmoral Castle is in Scotland and is the Queen’s summer residence where she has recently been living.
- The new prime minister of the UK (who just met with Queen Elizabeth on Tuesday to formally accept her position as prime minister) was interrupted during a debate in the House of Commons to receive the news and later shared this message on social media: “The whole country will be deeply concerned by the news from Buckingham Palace this lunchtime. My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time.”
- Members of the Royal Family have rushed to be Queen Elizabeth’s side.
- Why It Matters: The 96 year-old monarch is the longest serving monarch in British history. She just celebrated 70 years on the throne.
by Jenna Lee,