- Hurricane Florence: ‘This One Really Scares Me,’ Forecaster Says:
- House, Senate Reach Partial Funding to Help Avert Shutdown:
Republicans and Democrats are negotiating two other packages of funding bills for votes this month that would fund the rest of the federal government except the departments of State, Commerce, Justice and Homeland Security, as well as the science agencies. These agencies would stay at current funding levels until either November or December, and they could be the parts of the government that would be shut down if Trump carries out his threat.
The Monday spending agreement was reached after lawmakers agreed not to raise the annual budget cap to pay for new veterans’ health spending — creating a future shortfall. They also agreed to Democratic demands and dropped a Republican plan to suspend a number of regulations as part of the measure. The bill provides funds to pay congressional interns for the first time and maintains a pay freeze for lawmakers.
- Ohio Giant Eagle Employee Charged With Eating $9,200 in Deli Meat:
- U.S. Preparing for Second Trump Meeting With North Korea’s Leader:
- Apple will probably lower iPhone prices on Wednesday — here’s why:
- Senate Poised to Pass Bill to Stop Flow of Opioids Through the Mail: