January 14, 2021
Being French, it’s part of life to have some good food and good wine.
- The French Bordeaux wine was sent to “age” in space – Will space change its “sedimentation and bubbles”?
- While researchers will examine the wine – a select few will get to taste it at the end of February.
- The cargo capsule carried the return of many experiments at the International Space Station.
- Why It Matters: Researchers want to see if agricultural crops can grow in space (they also sent Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vine snippets) but also, as space travel increases, they also want to see what “comforts” humans can enjoy in space.
This week’s SpaceX Dragon resupply cargo capsule “splashdown” off the coast of Florida is important because:
- The cargo capsule can now arrive closer to NASA where researchers can retrieve it and unload it more quickly.
- It also attaches automatically to the International Space Station.
- These advances allow supplies, experiments to both travel to space and back to Earth with greater ease.
- Plus: It’s also re-useable. READ MORE
by Jenna Lee,