January 17, 2021
I think that we cannot yield to those who would try and make us afraid of who we are.
- VP-elect Harris spoke with NPR the week before the inauguration. She went on to say, “We are, for all of our faults and imperfections, we are a nation that was founded on very important principles and guided by extremely important ideals. And we cannot abandon that.”
- She described the Capitol Hill riot as “horrific” and “one of the worst days in terms of an attack on the integrity of our democracy.”
- VP-elect Harris described the Biden Administration’s “Rescue Plan” (economic stimulus) as the “highest priority.” The Rescue Plan is a $1.9 trillion dollar economic package the President-elect discussed last week – Here’s a good breakdown.
- When asked what program she will take the lead in, VP-elect Harris described her role with President-elect Biden as “full partners in this process.”
- Why It Matters: An est. 25,000 National Guard troops will be on hand for security in Washington D.C., before and after the inauguration. While the inauguration remains on the immediate horizon, the Biden Administration continues to make plans for the first 100 days in office. You can read or listen to the full interview HERE
by Jenna Lee,