July 30, 2020
I’m not optimistic that we’ll reach any kind of comprehensive deal.
- Democrats and Republicans remain at odds over legislation – potentially 5th round of economic stimulus.
- With the election looming on the horizon, politics plays a role: “Neither party is going to be eager to pass something that could be seen as a win for the opposing party.”
- Some of the dividing issues include continuing an extra “boost” to unemployment benefits – Democrats want it continued at an extra $600 on top of state benefits, Republicans want it continue at a lower level.
- Republican proposal est. $1T
- Democrats proposal est $3T
- Some internal political divide – some republicans don’t want to include the President’s proposal for a renovated $1B+ FBI HQ as part of the package.
READ MORE HERE
GOOD READ ON EXTRA UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
by Jenna Lee,